Welcome to IronMatrix, to keep staff and clients safe, these are some of the things you will see if you come to one of our facilities or outside classes. Please help us in these challenging times to keep everyone safe and healthy.
What we ask of you…
Before Signing Up
Assess if you are feeling ill and/or have cold or flu like symptoms such as fever, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, headaches, coughing or congestion.
Have you been outside the Atlantic bubble in the last 14 days:
- do not enter our fitness facilities or participate in our outdoor classes or private personal training sessions;
- call your doctor or go to https://811.novascotia.ca to access the online COVID-19 assessment tool and other health advice; and
- do not return to our facilities, outdoor classes or personal training sessions until you are medically cleared to do so.
- You must wear a mask entering the building, and can remove once you are in the gym space.
- You must maintain at least 6 feet / 2 meters physical distance from others
- Clients shall be encouraged to arrive at our fitness facility in workout clothes and to avoid using change rooms & showers on site.
- Wash hands before you enter the gym space, if outside, use hand sanitizer before/after class (it will be provided)
- Disinfectants for clients shall be conveniently located. Clients shall be required to wipe down the equipment with disinfectant before and after use. Cloths will be one use, clients will immediately put cloth in the laundry when done.
- Sanitize stations will be at the door for each client.
- Clients shall be encouraged to conduct their workout and exit the facility without unnecessary delay.
- You must immediately report any changes to your health, or if you suspect any exposure to COVID-19
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- do not share personal items or supplies such as phones, pens, notebooks, PPE, etc.;
- refrain from shaking hands with others; and
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
What we are doing…
On arrival you will see multiple new signs to help navigate new procedures.
At IronMatrix we operate with a special hybrid model of group fitness and personal training. So access into our facilities is by appointment ONLY.
In order to sign up for classes you must answer a COVID questionnaire. There are no open gym times and otherwise no access unless an appointment is booked with a personal trainer or the client has reserved a spot in one of our classes.
This allows us greater control over physical distancing and disinfection/sanitizing of all equipment and facilities before, between and after all classes or personal training sessions.
The number of clients allowed into the facility at any one time shall be limited to:
- Ensure there’s sufficient space to allow clients to remain two meters from one another
- Group classes shall be scheduled to allow staff/clients adequate time to disinfect equipment and surfaces before and after each class.
- Group fitness room has been marked off to provide adequate spacing between clients during workouts.
- Staff will wear a mask if distancing cannot be maintained.
- Personal Training room equipment is all spaced out and floor is also marked for small group training.
Screen Clients Arriving
Clients should be asked the following questions when they arrive:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- Are you, or anyone you are living with, either sick, self-isolating, or quarantined?
Any client who answers ‘yes’ to the questions above, should not be permitted to enter the facility. It is recommended that anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 call 8-1-1 for guidance.
Whenever possible we will be using contactless forms of payment and check-in
- At IronMatrix virtually all payments are done online
- In rare cases where clients need to purchase while inside our facility, we currently have contactless payment options
- No cash will be accepted until deemed safe to do so
- Check-ins are not required by clients
- Staff will check in clients after classes
Use appropriate disinfectant
- We have sourced a disinfectant cleaner that utilizes a one-step, no rinse formula. An EPA-approved disinfectant for COVID-19, it also has the power to kill MRSA superbugs and other bacteria while it cleans, shines, deodorizes and disinfects.
- A concentrated, multi-purpose detergent and deodorant. It disinfects and deodorizes hard, non-porous inanimate surfaces. Quat-based hospital grade, non-toxic.